How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64623
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Actually I wasnt expecting to chat with someone! But awesome.

Customer Question

Hi! Actually I wasnt expecting to chat with someone! But awesome. I have this lump on the right lower part of my back. Its not on my skin, its internal. It feels like cartilage. It doesnt hurt to touch but my lower back in the general area aches. This has been going on for quite some time now. I will most likely make a doctor's appointment but I was just doing a bit of research myself as well.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Im having issues with my right ovarie as well. I have a specialists appointment next week for this. It hurts often and feels like its constantly cramping so painful I double over. Ive had ultrasounds and they have come back negative. Since it is on my right side as well I dont know if they could be related
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan and I will assist you today. The lower back area most likely is either a Lipoma or Sebaceous cyst. Neither of which needs attention unless causing you discomfort. I don't know your age but if the ovary pain is mid-cycle it is most likely MITTEL SCHMIRTS and occurs when your egg is trying to pass through the wall of your ovary. Ultra-Sound will not indicate there is a problem in most women. An NSAID such as over the counter Aleve or Advil can control this. I hope this has been helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. The rating page is activated and a positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr Stan following up with you. Did you have any additional comments or questions?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need and exam.A sebaceous cyst is usually inflamed and quite external.Constant cramping in the ovarian area can beInfectionAppendicitis if on the right [if this is getting worse go to the ER]Ovarian tumor would need to be ruled out.It is not tyically a regular cycle related cyst if it is constant as you say.Uterus, bladder and colon problems need to be ruled out as well.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me, Dr. Thomas, any time for correct, safe and comprehensive ansers.The lump needs to be examined: neither a sebaceous cyst or lipoma fell like catilage.Imaging might be needed in this case, based on exam.Please click a positive rating on this post.Come back as needed.