Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Hellow JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this.

Customer Question

Hellow
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I was self medicating using acv (apple cider vinegar) that I read online would help get rid of 1 small wart, but it looks like I burned the skin around the wart.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: There's a small patch of raw skin, about 1/4 inch, there was some pus some days ago, but I started cleaning it, washing then cleanse with povidone iodone then applying antibiotic cream and covering with gauze
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No picture. The affected patch is light pink like raw skin, the way it appears if you peel of a scab.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need oral antiobiotics? I am just cleaning the area regularly. Disinfecting and applying antibiotic cream. What else would I need to do?
No you don't need anythingthis will heal on its ownlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.
Welcome. Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it