Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I am just writing to get some ideas. I have suffered from

Customer Question

Hi. I am just writing to get some ideas. I have suffered from shortness of breath for over a year now. My heart has been ruled out, it is completely fine. I have had two CT scans a year apart, no scarring of lungs to indicate anything wrong. I had a spirometry test and then another more specific test to rule out asthma, no signs of asthma even though the spirometry test indicated slightly lower than normal lung function. I have generally low oxygen levels ranging in the 92-93% range, also unexplained. I am not a smoker, never have been. I did use to have childhood asthma however, and it was quite severe. Is there anything that could explain my shortness of breath and low oxygen levels with all these things ruled out? Both myself and my doctor are currently at a bit of a loss.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Please tell me your age and gender ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 29 and male
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ...

Do you have anxiety / depressive illness ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. My doctor also doesn't think it could be anxiety just because my oxygen levels are lower than what is normal. He said my levels are lower than most smokers, yet in spite of all those tests he cant figure out a reason.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

I will suggest you to have Echocardiography to rule out atrial septal defect because this usually remains unnoticed undiagnosed and could be the possible reason of Shortness of breath in the presence of normal functions of other system .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .