Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a swollen lymph node on my right under jaw it is hard

Customer Question
and non moving I do...
I have a swollen lymph node on my right under jaw it is hard and non moving I do not have a sore throat or fever and the lump isn't painful . Have experienced troubling swallowing in past and sometimes have extremely pain when no try to swollow
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
5/1/2016
Doctor: Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Nadim Al-Mubarak

Greetings

I understand you are asking for what to do her !!

• The most common reason for swollen lymph nodes in this location is local infection. In your case, chronic infection, of the pharynx or tonsils if you still have them, are most likely based on the long-standing history of difficulty in swallowing.
  • This could also be a salivary gland inflammation, not just lymph nodes. And, could be other much less common etiologies
  • I would recommend evaluation by ENT. Direct inspection of the mouth and pharynx, and culture swab are needed
  • Treatment would be according to the source, such as antibiotics or tonsillectomy etc

Let me know if you need any further clarification

Hello .. just checking if you have received my response and if you have any questions?

Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor