DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I just got the results of a heart scan. My calcium score is

Customer Question

I just got the results of a heart scan. My calcium score is good but I have a new area of platelike atelectatic change and scarring in the lingula. What kind of problem do I have here?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: This is all I have. It is done on a comparison fron a heart scan that I had one year ago. My LAD score decreased from 137 to 128. The lung scarring is a secondary finding.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

This is a finding in the lung.

It is non specific can can mean absolutelly nothing.

It could be from old lung damage.

HIstory of smoking

From being in bed too long, etc.

Lung disease [but there would be other findings]

I am sure your doctor must have told you this is not remarkable. If, not, and there is a concern CT scan would be needed.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily