Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I HAVEN0T SLEPT FOR MANY NIGHTS, I HAVE TANZANDINE, WAS TOLD

Customer Question
I HAVEN0T SLEPT FOR MANY...
I HAVEN0T SLEPT FOR MANY NIGHTS , I HAVE TANZANDINE, WAS TOLD TO TAKE 3 @BEDTIME, TRIED THAT DIDNT WORK. I HAVE HYDROXINE TRIED THAT DON'T WORK. I HAVE A COUPLE BENEDRYLY HAVENT TRIED YET ,SEVERAL HRS . AGO JUST TOOK HYDROXZINE 25MGS., I HAVE MULTIPLE MEDICAL PROBLEMS . DIABETES ,SLEEP W/BIPAP 23/20. CHF, PAINFUL ARTHRITIS IN NECK. YESTERDAY WENT TO A RHUMATOID SPECIALIST FOR THE 1ST TIME. HE SAID IF IT IS MECHANICAL HE CAN'T HELP ME. HOWEVER I MAY HAVE LUPUS, WHICH SCARED ME TO DEATH. I AM 64. HE SENT ME FOR TITRE BLOOD WK, FOR THAT. I MAY FIND OUT TODAY THE VERDICT. I HAVE A APPT WITH PRIMARY WHO WORKS W/ SPECIALIST FOR ARTHRITIS. I AM REALLY UPSET AND CAN'T FALL ASLEEP. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE I CAN GET FROM YOU DR. THANK YOU!
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I HAD 5 BYPASSES 2 YRS AGO. WEARING A DIABETIC PUMP, BASIL 3.8 HRLY. BOLUS 14 @BED TIME AND BEFORE EA. MEAL.500 CONCENTRATE OF HUMALOG MEDICINE. I TOOK THE HYDROXIZINE LAST NITE. I HAVE LEXAPRO HERE WHICH I TAKE IN A.M. AND MAKE ME SLEEPY @TIMES FOR ANXIETY. SHOULD I TAKE THAT ALSO.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/29/2016
Doctor: Dr. Kaushik, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor

Greetings.

Welcome to the site.

Well, if your primary concern is difficulty in falling sleep then you shall ask your primary doctor to prescribe you on a sleep aid drug like ambien cr ( zolpidem extended release) at dose of 6.25 mg or 12.5 mg in case the lower dose is ineffective. In addition to this you may also seek from him remeron ( mirtazapine ) at dos of 15 mg at bedtime . While mirtazapine is an anti depressant medication which also works wonderfully in insomnia other than helping mood symptoms like irritability, low mood , lack of energy, lack of enthusiasm, lack of inferest and pleasure,which i feel you also have owing to multiple conditions that you have been reeling under. So this combination of two medications will ensure a refreshing and adequate sleep at night plus an overall improvement in your health , both physical and psychological health, thereby infusing fresh strength in you so as to endure your conditions.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards

Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor