How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56173
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just returned from a week vacation in Mexico. Which was

Customer Question

I just returned from a week long vacation in Mexico. Which was followed by a party at my sister. I mention that because a couple people at that party had vomiting for a couple days but are better now. I have had diarrhea for five days now with no other symptoms. It started out very soft and has been nothing but water the last three days. I have reached the level of exploding diarrhea today. One other person that was on our trip said she had diarrhea for maybe two days but is fine now. Don't know if it was Mexico or the party but I'm the only one who's had it this long. How much longer should this go before I should be worried and what can I do to stop it?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of? It's only $5.
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

You need to get checked for an infection called c diff

It is a gut bacteria that can be very serious

Go to ER now

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it

If you have more questions, just reply