Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Left arm heavily mottled (bruise like) after a fall eight

Customer Question
years ago-----------no pain-skin remained "painted"--------left...
Left arm heavily mottled (bruise like) after a fall eight years ago-----------no pain-skin remained "painted"--------left arm easily bruised, some discolration, sun damage. Left arm --having discomfort-----now-warm to touch----couldn't sleep. What Doc do I need to see?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Prescriptive meds are Benicar and Norvasc for hypertension-------I do take supplements like Ashwaganda,Vitamins,CQ10 and Reservatrol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/25/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

See an internal medicine doctor.

Board certified.

We test and train in rheumatology, cardiology, nephrology, general medicine, neruology, dermatology, and so on, in fact, all the adult medicine specialties.

You need an x ray of the arm.

This sounds like a possible pain syndrome, and the internist will refer you to orthopedics or rheumatology if needed.

That is how it works best in the US.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Your symptoms suggest nerve related problem.

Xrays will not help.

Nerve damage can cause pain and discoloration of the arm as well due to the dysregulation of the blood vessels.

A neurologist should be consulted with for for further evaluation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist