Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I have an question, story short I had taken 15-20 pills of

Customer Question

Hi I have an question, Long story short I had taken 15-20 pills of Zoloft. Never threw them up got some help from friends and now I don't feel good. I have no apetite I have not yet stopped shaking, I haven't eaten since then and that was Friday and now it's 12am on Monday I can't bring myself to I'm nauseous and it isn't appealing and I tried to eat and it was a bad feeling, my head is constantly pounding, my anxiety is acting up way more then usual, I think I may be constipated this morning my stool was almost an off white. I just need an idea of what some one professional thinks?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Please go to the emergency room ASAP. That is an extremely high dose of Zoloft and doses that high can cause some serious metabolic, gastro and even cardiac issues. At a minimum you will need some blood work and an EKG to monitor your heart. You may even need IV fluids and additional medication.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to be admitted into the hospital if I go that's the only problem. I'm still feeling very light headed no appetite dizzy blurred vision head aches and pain, how would I go about doing this without them taking me in thinking suicide attempt

Your safety is the priority. What they are thinking will be based on your history. I still advise you to go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the symptoms actually serious?

No but you may not be feeling well as a result of a potentially serious abnormality which can only be detected by doing blood work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Please don't forget to leave a rating so I can get credit for answering your question.

Is there anything else I can help you with today