How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55468
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a mechanical abrasion from semen sticking myself to my

Customer Question

I had a mechanical abrasion from semen sticking myself to my underwear and the next day I had a partially inflamed urethra the day I had unprotected sex with a friend that we were really drunk and not very wet as well.. lol The next day a small but painless red bump began to stick slightly out of my urethra and my meatus looks inflamed exactly where this mechanical issue occurred. It is painless including when urinating though i have wanted to urinate more often. The only thing is I think i stressed myself out so much I have now come down with the flu ( which scares me ). To me it appears to be and makes sense to be some type of bacterial infection- Its isolated to where the abrasion occurred on the end of the urethra. Any help is appreciated!
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: the symptoms occurred literally hours after intercourse
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidif you are urinating more frequently, you could have a bacterial bladder infection.if you have a skin bacterial infection, you need to see a doctor and get on a course of antibiotics.we can't give out antibiotics online to clients we can't you want to upload a clear photo of the area?do you have a doctor you can see or an urgent care center where you can go to?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
This is very concerning for an STDIt could be herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea or something elseyou need tested for ALL STDs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some more info :
I had given her oral sex and there is nothing in my mouth and had sex with her prior with no incidents over 2 months prior. My other gf has recently had an issue because we had anal sex and entered into the vagina after- she was treated for a UTI and just recently finished her medication of which I had no issues during that either. I am abstaining from sex until I figure this out. However after all the online research the only photos or descriptions I can relate my issue to seems like gonorea, Chlymdia or some type of urethritis. It's been a single bump for almost a week now with no pain or excretions and the inflamed urethra seems to be returning to normal. Can I use some type of neosporin to further weed out whether this is an infection or disease?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
No. You need to get tested. You shouldn't be guessing here like this