Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am female 22years old I have had intermittent pain under

Customer Question
I am female 22years old I...
I am female 22years old
I have had intermittent pain under my left side for about four months. Now the paid is steady, and severe.
My doctor told me to change the type that I wear and no underwire. Still severe pain. Today I wore no bra and the pain is severe.
Please help......thank you, Sherly
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
4/22/2016
Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hello Sherly,

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced physician attending you.

I completely understand your problem. Don't worry, I will help you.

Intermittent pain under the breast can be due to the following reasons

A heart problem

A rib pain, rib cartilage pain, can be a injury for inflammation due to a autoimmune cause

or it can be due to a tight or loose, I mean to say not properly fitting bra.

Now, I suggest you to undergo an EKG once to rule out heart disorder, don't worry it is unlikely, but as a major cause to rule out.

Second, get a complete blood picture done, along with RA factor and ANA to ruleout autoimmune cause.

A chest x-ray to ruleout rib causes - injury

About bra, it should not be tight, loose, yes, no wire one, it can also be a cause for your pain.

If you wear no bra, the weight of the breasts beared on the ribs can cause more pain,

so waer a soft, cotton, and correctly fitting bra and correctly fitting cup size.

For the pain now, I suggest you to take Ibuprofen twice a day for 2 to 3 days, and you can keep a soft cotton pad in the botton of the bra where elastic exists to avoid pressure, keep changing cotton pads.

You can discontinue using cotton pads once the pain reduces.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box [top right corner of the page], so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Hi, did you happen to see the answer. It is just that, only after you leave positive rating at the top right corner of the page, I'm compensated for my time. Please do that. Thank you

Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya