DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I am considering taking pure forskolin extract to loose

Customer Question

I am considering taking pure forskolin extract to loose weight. What the difference in pure forskolin extract ,and forskolin fuel? Do you know if they are side effects? Most reviews are pretty good...
Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced physician attending you today

This is a plant product and no study and research is done about its effectiveness and side effects

so. I don't suggest you go for any products that promise weight loss, you may see results now, but we cannot ruleout long term possible side effects

If you are not too much obese, I recommend you to loose weight by diet and exercise.

Have low calorie diet divided in to 5 to 6 meals per day.

Sleep well.

Be stress free, go for yoga, swimming. walk regualrly

See you don't have medical disorders that cause weight gain, like low thyroid, pcod etc, get them checked.

Weight loss is change in lifestyle to healthy mind and body, it is a slow process. And only if it is slow, it is consistent.

Take the help of nutritionist to plan your diet, and take the help of Physiotherapist to plan your exercise rather than going for weight loss products that can show long term irreperable side effects

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box [top right corner of the page], so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Wish you good luck!

Do you have more questions? Request to leave a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not happy with answers! I asked a questions regarding diet pills and he tells go on diet and work out which I already do! And go a diet! What a waste of money
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine.

Please put a link to your products. I will review them here.

Foreskolin [coleus] has no sufficient evidence for helping with weight loss. It is used by some for that, however. So it can not be said that it does or does not help. I can probably tell you which product is more reliable. Foreskolin extract is near 100% foreskolin. Foreskolin fuel is only 20%. So, by definition, the former is more potent.

You need to be cautious of side effects, and have your doctor's supervision if you use this.

The evidence for these products is with asthma, and cardiomyopathy.

I will need to know more about you to address your nutrient needs.

Height and weight.

Medical problems.

What you have done to lose weight before.

What lab tests you have had?

I can then give you a more detailed answer.