Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

My name is ***** *****. I've have sporadic high white

Customer Question

Hi - My name is ***** *****. I've have sporadic high white cell counts - My current exam shows a count of 18000 - Not sure what to pursue as far as diagnosis for this - or potential treatment
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not too much - Just went in for my yearly physical with my GP... I have this occur two years back - went to an oncologist who worried it could be low level leukemia - but not dangerous enough for treatment. We just monitored it and it normalized pretty much - Stress and an intestinal infection were also considered possible culprits at the time. But I feel fine currently
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. Do you have the differential count on the 18K? Did the oncologist do some marker studies? If you have your labs, please upload them and I will reply Did you have your count repeated now that you feel fine? Dr Frank