How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Frank Your Own Question
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9000
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Frank is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66 years old male and I have problem with ED but I am

Customer Question

I am 66 years old male and I have problem with ED but I am going to see my dr. on the 19th to take care of problem. My question is about my 67 year old lady friend whom I just met a few weeks ago she said it hurts her when we try to have sex. She like myself have not had sex for a good long time , me 12 years + she maybe the same. What can we do to make it more comfortable for her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello welcome to JA. the problem is vaginal dryness associated with menopause and a decrease in estrogen. there are many ways to improve this situation.1)Most women use one of three types of vaginal estrogen:Vaginal estrogen ring (Estring). You or your doctor inserts this soft, flexible ring into the vagina. There it releases a steady stream of estrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. The ring is replaced every three months.Vaginal estrogen tablet (Vagifem). You use a disposable applicator to insert a tablet into your vagina once a day for the first two weeks of treatment. Then you insert it twice a week until you no longer need it.Vaginal estrogen cream (Estrace, Premarin). You use an applicator to insert the cream into your vagina. You will typically apply the cream daily for one to two weeks then reduce the frequency to one to three times a week as directed by your doctor.2)In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer (Replens, Lubrin), which you can buy at your local drugstore or supermarket. You can make intercourse more enjoyable by applying a water-based lubricant (Astroglide, K-Y) beforehand. Also take your time before having sex to make sure that you are fully relaxed and aroused. The topical estrogens are safer to use than oral premarin, as there can be an increased risk of breast or uterine cancer. She should talk to her doctor, there are also some brand new medications to increase vaginal wall thickness and relieve dryness. I hope that helps. Get back to me if you have questions and I will reply. Dr Frank