Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

The last couple of days my right breast has been sensitive

Customer Question
and when I swallow liquids...
The last couple of days my right breast has been sensitive and when I swallow liquids I actually feel discomfort in the center of my breast.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I stared a new exercise regime that included lifting 2 pound weights while riding a cycle in the studio, that was a couple of days ago, never had this discomfort before, the breast is sensitive to touch as well.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No temperature, no discharge, no illness. Just sore right breast now.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/17/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

This can be muscular.

But, you need an exam.

If you are at all older, [40 , 50,....] you need an EKG.

It is good to have a baseline EKG even though this is not likely to be angina.

It is likely that you strained muscular tissue.

Have your doctor check this.

Have an EKG.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

it could also be from acid reflux

if you have esophageal inflammation from acid reflux and heart burn, this can cause you to have burning in your breast when you swallow liquids like cold liquids or hot liquids.

usually stomach acid reducers like zantac or maalox or mylanta helps decrease stomach acid to help heart burn type pains.

a new workout regimen can cause sore pectoralis muscles which are behind your breast.

sometimes viral infections can cause costochondriits inflammation of your ribs and cartilage which can cause pain as well.

usually NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aleve helps pain from costochondriits.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hello

I was unable to edit my post and mistakenly left out the issue of mammogram.

Here it is:

The breast itself needs to be examined. [Acid reflux does not cause tenderness when you press on the breast.]

40 or over, particularly with a family history of breast disease, you need a mammogram. This would be prudent screening. Fibrocystic breast disease can also cause this.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Dr. Thomas.

Find me as needed in medical for correct answers.

Please click a positive on this post, at the top, if you want me to be compensated.

Thanks.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician