Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I fell and developed a bad bruise that covers my right hip

Customer Question

I fell and developed a bad bruise that covers my right hip two days ago now blisters are forming. is that normal?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: At first it was just a baseball size bruise and after the initial fall it stopp
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: ed hurting until I rolled over on it getting up from using Back2Life machine it got extremely painful. I am 81 years old
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the details.Getting a bruise after a fall is quite common, however, blisters are signs of ischemic changes of the skin. This is most likely a big hematoma (collection of blood) that has caused pressure necrosis of the overlying skin. Other than that, underlying hip fractures need to be ruled out since this is painful and has caused bruising - both signs of fractures.I would suggest that you go to an Urgent Care or an ER as soon as possible to have this addressed.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.