Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have had a chesty cough for 2 months. It is better than it

Customer Question

I have had a chesty cough for 2 months. It is better than it was but still coughing up yellow and clear phlegm. Also had chest pain/tightness which is now worse in my upper back. I had a 5 day dose of antibiotics about 2 weeks ago which didn't make much difference. I don't have a fever, feel OK but don't feel very motivated to exercise (I normally try and run once a week) and think I would get SOB very quickly if I tried.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

As you have Chronic cough that is of more than 2 months duration , not responding to antibiotics / and other measures .

You have no fever , but much pronounced S.O.B at this stage it would be ideal for you to have few test to see the exacu cause of cough .

I will suggest you to have Chest X ray PA view to look what is going in lungs , in addition to that you should have Blood CP along with ESR to see cell count and to look for infection .

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis , test will help you out to reach the final conclusion .

Please get test as early as possible and consult Pulmonologist ( Dr who deals with chest medicine ).

Please proceed as I advised you .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .