Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is the infection painful? My daughter in law had a tummy

Customer Question
Is the infection painful? JA: The...
Is the infection painful?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My daughter in law had a tummy tuck on Dec. 14 2015 and keeps getting staff infection from it. It is almost completely closed off bout she keeps complaining that it feels like razor blades and that it burns. She has had all the tests done and all have come back good.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: We also think she has a prescription drug problem cause the medication is never strong enough,is that possible?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
4/14/2016
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician

Thank you for your question.

Burning and feeling of razor blades usually indicates a nerve related pain.

Can you please let me know how she was diagnosed with staph infections? I mean what were her symptoms and what tests were done to confirm the diagnosis?

Please let me know.

Regards

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I am a double board certified US doctor.

In fact this type of pain can be from staph infection.

In general it can be from infected surgical wounds.

Or just from healing surgical wounds.

This type of pain is typical for healing surgical wounds.

A tummy tuck would not cause any major nerve damage.

Make sure the staph bugs have been cultured and that she does not have MRSA.

This requires special antibiotics.

You can save time on the site: find me by request using my request link below, for prompt, accurate, safe and comprehensive answers.

Please click a positive on this page at the top.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician