DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Finished 5days ago 8.75mg of amoxacillin; still sick with

Customer Question

finished 5days ago 8.75mg of amoxacillin; still sick with yellow mucus out of sinus. Really yellow. Any idea?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That means antibiotic did not work.This is likely a viral infection which will not respond to any antibiotic.Will take its own time to clear up by immune system.Symptomatically Atrovent oral inhaler can be used to dry out the secretions and stop cough.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloAmoxicillin is not good for a sinus infection that is bacteria.5 days is only half [or less] of the needed course.One must conclude you have an infection that is inadequately treated.Talk with your doctor.Augmentin, bactrim, or other medications are much better, and you need a full course.You should have noticed improvement after 2 days if amoxicillin was adequate, which it is usually not.If this does not clear up and ENT consult and perhaps sinus CT are needed.Save time, find me, Dr. Thomas, by request daily. I will give you accurate, safe and comprehensive anserers.please click a positive on this post at the top.Good luck. Find me as needed.