How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29168
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 49 years old and I think my blood pressure is high. I

Customer Question

I am 49 years old and I think my blood pressure is high. I have blood pressure machine at home with me. I told my blood pressure it is 161\113 66. I feel my ears clogging and my head is hurting.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This is considered moderately high blood pressure.

Can result in stroke given your current symptoms.

Your medication dose needs to be increased after evaluating kidney function.

Another medication like chlorthalidone can be added to improve the action and lower blood pressure.

It is better for you to go to the urgent care clinic or ER without delay.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: