Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have pain in coming from my lower side like runners

Customer Question

I have pain in coming from my lower side like runners stitch, but it has been going on for like 6 months
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It's not a sharp pain, it's more of an uncomfortable feeling that is more noticeable when I'm sitting down. I use the restroom fine, and eat good, so that's ok. I've been exercising daily and lifting weight every other day.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: That's about it, no cough or anything like that either
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. What is your age? Are you on any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'm 25yrs old, and no I'm not on any medication
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Can you localize the discomfort for me? right upper quadrant? left upper? right lower? left lower? central (peri-umbilical)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left lower
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quadrant
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Are you male or female?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Female
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

In the left lower quadrant lies a lot of colon as well as the urinary drainage tubes. In women, of course, there is the left fallopian tube and ovary. Are your stools completely normal? Any urinary issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah everything's normal when I use the restroom
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Are your periods normal every month? Do you sense that this pain comes and goes depending on your cycle (e.g. is worse just before or just after or in the period in between?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There pretty much the same to be honest
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

A common source of lower quadrant discomfort in young women is Mittelschmerz. Have you heard of this? It is a German word meaning "middle pain." It is the pelvic pain that some women experience during ovulation. Ovulation generally occurs about midway between menstrual cycles. It is normal and benign. If one is concerned about an ovarian cyst, which can also cause intermittent discomfort, one can get an ultrasound. This study can provide fairly detailed pictures of the tubes and ovaries.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You should see your GP or GYN doctor and get examined. They might be able to pinpoint the problem. If not, they can do blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound if indicated. This should provide you with an answer and get you the appropriate therapy to treat this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay well I'll look into getting it checked out, thanks for the help.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Hope all works out for the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another question, have you heard of this issue before?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Yes. this is very common.

The good news is that it has been going on for a long time, and you are still going strong. :-)

The list of possibilities is much longer, of course, including such things as a kidney stone, colonic spasm, mild colitis, mild diverticulitis, muscle strain, hernia, etc, etc. While these things are less likely, the only way to know for sure is to get evaluated. Perhaps all these things will be ruled out and you won't have a clear answer. But there is great comfort in knowing what it is NOT. :-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To speak to you later regarding this issue, how would I be able to get ahold of you. Is there a id# ***** can help me if I have any other questions?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

After providing a rating, the thread stays open for a week or more so you can return to ask follow up questions.

alternatively, you can post a new question to me at http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctor-bob/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thank you
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.