Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband has a terrible ear infection he has been to the

Customer Question
Dr 5 time's in the...
my husband has a terrible ear infection he has been to the Dr 5 time's in the last week. His head hurts the did a ct scan and found nothing wrong there, his ear is plugged and can't hear out of it. He was given amox/k clav 875 mg. His mouth broke out in blisters, went back to Dr he was given clindamycin hcl 300 mg. wasn't any better went back to the dr yesterday they gave him a shot and told him to take another prescription clarithromycin 500mg along with the clindamycin. today he feels worse and got sick to his stomach about half an hr ago. what can we do. Nothing is helping what should I do for him
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
4/13/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

he could have a viral infection or allergies causing the fluid in his inner ear.

your benefit might benefit from taking allergy medications like Allegra 180mg a day, Claritin, Zyrtec

and also steroid nasal sprays like Nasocort or Rhinocort which can help clear up your sinuses and can help the fluid in your ears drain.

yawning and thrusting your lower jaw forward at the same time can help open up your eustachian tube as well which is the tube which drains fluid out of your inner ear down into your throat.

has he tried any allergy medications and steroid nasal sprays to help?

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician