DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

How do you treat neurophey whic is very bad in feet and legs

Customer Question

how do you treat neurophey whic is very bad in feet and legs swelling
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I GET THE IVIG BIO FUSION EVER 4 weeks on med. lots pain cants walk goog
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: the name of the med. was gamimagard letek cant spell birthday 6 13 34
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

are you receiving your ivig for a neuropathy or something else.?

Pain can be treated with gabapentin.

Swelling needs to be investigated. You need lower extremity dopplers to see if you have vein problems, which would set you up for clots.

Thyroid disease, heart disease and kidney disease need to be ruled out.

If gabapentin does not work, lyrica is often used.

I need to know more details and I can help you further.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.