How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Abid Your Own Question
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been taking Omeprazole 40 mg years. I would

Customer Question

I have been taking Omeprazole 40 mg for 10 years. I would like to take a non-PPI because of latest studies, i.e kidney and mental problems. What would be a good alternative? I am 71 years old.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I was prescribed this medication as I have acid reflux GERD and have a dry mouth condition (something about saliva producing enzymes for reducing stomach acid). I am also taking Losartan 100/25 for for blood pressure and Synthroid 137 mcg.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No. I had cancer of thyroid which was removed.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...If you wish to replace PPI with other drug for acid reflux , you can replace it with H2 blockers like Tab Famotidine 40 mg once a day .Regards ***** ***** positive feedback for me .Thanks .