Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I just had another bowel obstruction yesterday,arrived home

Customer Question

hi,i just had another bowel obstruction yesterday,arrived home early this morning.i think it has passed.but fore the first time ,it hurts to breath,cough,hikups and burping.this pain runs all the way down through my stomach .any suggestion on what it could and there something i can take for this.. thanks JOHN
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.

I take it by "bowel obstruction" you mean constipation ? There are a number of possibiliites; How long have you had the "pain going through your stomack" Have you felt nauseous? Any fever or chills? Have you had any problems with constipation or any medical conditions related to you belly ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAD 8 OBSTRUCTION,SINCE I WAS 14.MY DOCTOR REMOVED MY APPENDIX AND CUT MY BOWEL BY MISTAKE.SO THEN IT ALL GOT INFECTED SO THEY HAD REMOVE SOME OF MY STOMACH THEN SEW IT BACK UP.WHICH CAUSES ADHEASENDS AND AT TIMES MY BOWEL TWIST UP.THIS OTHER PAIN STARTED ON THURSDAY.

Ok, I c. Most likely you pain is secondary to the obstruction/adhesions. Since it has been ongoing for over 2 days, you should have it checked. With this history and the type of pain you describe, there are a number of scenarios that include "acute abdomen" which might require immediate attention.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK THANKS DOES MY RECORDS OF THIS STAY ON FILE.JUST SO I CAN ASSES THIS AGAIN IF YOUR NOT THERE.THANKS YOU FOR YOUR ADVISE IM HEADING TO THE HOSPITAL NOW. JOHN

Yes, it does. And, if you have any further question on the subject, please feel free to email me. Best of luck