How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My blood pressure lately is all over the place. A lower

Customer Question

My blood pressure lately is all over the place. A lower reading of 142/82 to 178/113. The nurse at my neurologist office told me to see my family doctor. When I called to make an appointment to see him about it, I was told I could only make the appointment for a full physical. I feel fine, don't drink, don't smoke, hike 3-6 miles a day. I am a woman of 59, am never sick, but do carry some extra weight since starting medications for anesthesia dolorosa some 20 years ago. Do I have to have a physical? Can't I just consult a dr about my blood pressure and find out my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Since high blood pressure is sometimes caused by some diseases and high blood pressure could cause complications in the heart, kidney, eyes, you need to have a physical exam.