Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I went to see my GP about 4 weeks ago. I had some sort of

Customer Question
Hi there, I went to see...
Hi there,
I went to see my GP about 4 weeks ago. I had some sort of infection on my genital area. Asked me to get on bed so he could see. As soon as he saw it he said I had genital herpes. He did a swab and he got me to call my mum so he could tell her what I had and he was going to give me a script for it. I knew I hadn't been with anybody other than my partner. Doctor said I would have got it from him. Well, I went home and I told my partner and accused him of the most horrible things. I told him to get out and never return. Since then my results came back and I didn't even have genital herpes. Doctor has totally ruined my relationship to the point where it has damaged my life. What can I do?????
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
4/5/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

boy did your doctor get it wrong

what was this infection in your genital area?

how did your doctor know you did or didn't have genital herpes?

was a culture of genital wounds?

how old are you?

you should call up your friend and apologize and show your tests results. and tell him that your doctor made a horrible mistake.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi there, yes it was in my genital area.
I have had costs there before but doctor was adement that it was genital herpes. He did a swab and the results showed I didn't have it at al !!!!!
It too late about my hubby he is never coming back, no matter what I say.
I am 31yrs of age.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not costs, I meant cists
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm 39 not 31

genital cystic warts can be from molloscum contagiosum, sometimes called water warts. these are not herpes lesions.

a blood test to look for herpes type 1 and type 2 antibodies are a better way to know if you have herpes in your system

many people have cold sores or fever blisters in their mouths which can come out when they are tired or run down which can be a manifestation of herpes type 1 virus

type 1 herpes virus can spread to the genitals and cause painful cold sores or ulcers in the genitals as well.

I am sorry about your husband.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician