Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I went into urgent care last week with back of knee pain,

Customer Question
and several red flags for...
I went into urgent care last week with back of knee pain, and several red flags for possible blood clot. D-Dimmer test was done. I understand it was to be ,570 but mine was 997. They sent me to Emergency and did an ultrasound on the leg that was bothering me looking for blood clots. None were found and they sent me home. Dr. indicated that it could possibly mean autoimmune issues or even possible cancer. I have asked for further tests and blood work. Autoimmune? why would that be a possible?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: I was having floaters in my vision, recently flew a lot, have a pacemaker put in last year, coded during an endoscopy 1.5 yrs ago and I am 58
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/5/2016
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Please tell me do you have issue in breathing ?

Have you had swelling in leg or past history of leg clot ?

Regards .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Breathing is labored if I run or do above moderate walk. I have not had a leg clot, although I do have varicose veins. Swelling I have always had an issue and do lemon water every evening to help eliminate it.

Thank you for info ...

As you have issue of varicose vein , and labored breathing with raised D Dimers , in this case if leg ultrasound is negative for any clot even than you should proceed with CT Pulmonary angiogram to rule out Pulmonary embolism , because d dimer is very sensitive for that and second often if clot dislodge from leg to lungs than ultrasound will be negative for clot .

So please get CT Pulmonary angiogram .

This is important .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor