How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DIEGO BONILLA Your Own Question
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 268
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DIEGO BONILLA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get rid of ear blockage as a result of chest cold.

Customer Question

how do I get rid of ear blockage as a result of chest cold. I have tried just about everything. I have no congestion in my chest or nasal area. I just have a blockage in my left ear.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. The problem you have is very common after an upper respiratory infection. The ears, nose and throat are all connected by a conduct. When you have a problem that affect your respiratory system, sometimes your ears can feel block. The best treatment is to continue the antihistamine plus fluids. In case the ear blockage last more than 5 days you should see you primary care. Your doctor can prescribed other medications like steroids. If you have fevers or pain you should go to the ER or PCP. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had this for about 6 days. It is ringing. I wonder too if this is dangerous?
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.
If it's ringing this could be a middle ear inflammation. In that case you should go to your PCP to get a direct inspection of your ear. He will prescribe and treat the problem according to the findings. This is not dangerous if is treated on time. For now you can take tylenol or ibuprofen until you see your doctor.