How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29251
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can we do to get rid of hiccups? My husband had hernia

Customer Question

What can we do to get rid of hiccups? My husband had hernia surgery and was readmitted for bowel shutdown. They get that relieved, but he ended up with the hiccups. He has had them for a few days. He also spits a green looking bile. He has not had anything to eat and very little liquid.
Eloise Ragsdale
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Unfortunate complications.

Your husband likely has severe acid reflux disorder.

Hence an antacid like Maalox can be tried in liquid form.

Prescription Metoclopramide or Chlorpromazine will be very effective.

That can be prescribed by his doctor.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: