Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I walked in a marathon of 25 km two days later a lump under

Customer Question
JA: Thanks. Can you give...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I walked in a marathon of 25 km two days later a lump under my knee about three cm downwards. Its hard and hurts. Im a bit worried never had a lump like this
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2016
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and welcome to JA.

Can you tell me your age and gender?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
26 female

By under the knee do you mean behind the knee joint or below the knee joint?

Are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Below the knee
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still here. Was trying to send an image but every thing froze

Thanks for the reply.

This is known as Osgood-Schlatter disease. In this disease, there is inflammation of the patellar tendon where it inserts in the tibial tuberosity on the tibia bone.

The treatment is with rest, ice, compression and elevation, anti inflammatory medication and application of anti inflamamtory gels. This usually resolves in a couple of weeks.

I would however, suggest that you have this seen by your PCP or GP/ Primary so that an examination can be done and the diagnosis can be confirmed with either an ultrasound or an x ray.

Recommended anti inflammatory is Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day, application of Ibuprofen gel thrice a day with massage, wear a knee brace or an ace bandage from the mid calf to the mid thigh area. Elevate the leg over 2 pillows at night when asleep and do not take part in any vigorous physical activity. You can accomplish daily tasks around the house.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
o have another question dr

Yes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I can not take phone calls right now, you can accept the other additional services if there are queries.

What is your question? How can I help?

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor