DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

Do small lung nodules just disapear?

Customer Question

Do small lung nodules just disapear?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. The majority of lung nodules are benign. They stay stable and don't change in size or shape. However in certain patients with high risk for malignancy (smokers, family history of lung cancer) further imaging needs to be done depending on the size of the nodule. Your PCP or pulmonologist can address this once they have the specific size of the nodule. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a ct with contrast found the nodules and they did a ct scan with no contrast a year later and they say there is nothing there. Should I request a ct scan with contrast to be sure? I am a 48 year smoker and have been quit for 3 years now.
CT scan with no contrast is the standard study. You don't need a new CT scan. 1 year stability is reassuring. Depending on the size of the nodule you may need a new regular CT scan in the future. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards31 Mar 2016, 10:13 PM Offer Premium Service