How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56180
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been bothered with painful bowel movements and

Customer Question

I have been bothered with painful bowel movements and liquidy stool leakage and some
Rectal pain. The stool
Leakage is very bothersome
Since I have a full time job and am always running to the bathroom I wear a pad
So not to soil my clothes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

This indicates that there is something in the rectum that is blocking stool from coming out. So the liquid part of stool comes around it and leaks out.

This is a problem

The most common and benign cause is a rectal stool impaction. Or hard stool in the rectum that is too hard and dry to pass. This requires a manual disimpaction (finger from your doctor).

The other possibility is a rectal mass or a tumor in the rectum.

You need an examination and a scope into the rectum right away.

Your primary doctor can do an anoscope. This is a small scope that is inserted to look around. If he/she can't see anything you will need a flexible sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.

If you have more questions, just reply