Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have cronic back pain and back strains that completely

Customer Question
disable me and cause such...
I have cronic back pain and back strains that completely disable me and cause such a tremendous amout of pain and suffering as well as creating a major effect on my ability to even function for days and even weeks at some times. can I get high dosage prescription painkillers to help me with this problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2016
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi and welcome.

According to your sign and symptoms you are most likely suffering from compression on your nerves in your back which is causing this pain. Most of the times this compression results from protruded disc. I would suggest you to visit a pain physician to have thorough physical examination as he might offer you a single shot steroid injection in your back which can relieve this pressure and relieve your back pain. He can write prescription of high dose pain killers as well. You should avoid lifting heavy objects and physiotherapy can help you a lot.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Best wishes.

Doctor: Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered. replied 1 year ago
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.

Hi, Have you been to doctor for this? any tests done?

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor