How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29173
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with getting medicine that will help with my

Customer Question

I need help with getting medicine that will help with my severe migraine headaches. Believe me when I say I have tried everything & nothing work but morphine or other stuff of that type. I was recently given something in that family of medicine & it worked. My question is what kind of doctor I would need to see to get that same treatment since most doctors I have seen in the last three weeks can't prescribe any naurcoticts for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You will need to see a neurologist who is also a pain specialist for such prescription.

This is a specialized narcotic only reserved for severely resistant migraine.

You were likely given Butorphanol also available as nasal spray.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: