How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46342
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to have aotic vale replacement Im 62 years old what

Customer Question

I have to have aotic vale replacement Im 62 years old what are the risks and who would be the best doctor and hospital for the job
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

there are 2-3 ways to do aortic valve replacements through the chest or through the arterial blood vessel which is much less invasive

Current aortic valve replacement approaches include open heart surgery via a sternotomy, minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS) and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)

through the artery approach is called transcatheter aortic valve replacement.

there are large university hospitals like Lankenau medical center in Philadelphia where there are doctors who have done hundreds and hundreds of cases.

do you live close to a large university medical center?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes you will need to see an immunologist or a hematologist to check the blood count, immunoglobulin levels.

Immunoglobulin A, G, M are the major ones which fight the infections.

One of their deficiencies can be a problem.

Also plasma cell disorder, bone marrow failure or neoplasm are other possibilities that should be looked at.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?