Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Not feeling well Physically, Excess sweating, Deviated

Customer Question
Not feeling well Physically JA: OK...
Not feeling well Physically
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Excess sweating
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: Deviated pitruitry stalk
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/22/2016
Doctor: Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician

Hello welcome to JA. You have a deviated pituitary stalk (?), can you tell me why? do you have a micro or macroadenoma? Prolactinoma? Rathke pouch cyst? Do you have empty sella syndrome? Have you had an endocrinology evaluation with blood testing? If you need that reviewed, please upload the report minus your name as this is a public forum. Get back to me and I will try to answer your questions. Dr Frank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It could be down to a head injury as been knocked down by car after that had an enlarged pitruitry gland. Also have had 6 bouts dangerously low bp without getting right treatment and focal seizures many with no treatment. Could a severe tbi cause it? Or enlarged pitruitry? It went back down to within limits in last mri and they said deviation within normal limits but i have lots symptoms like excess sweating very tired, lack of sensation front of head, poor cognition memory low blood sugar and bp i have had raised prolactin over 3000 in past yes whist on medication. Could this deviation affect sweat glands and make you sweat more and thyroid hormones? Is the deviation treatable and if so how? Can you recommend possible blood tests or scans to find out cause? Eeg showed slight abnormalities in 2013 oct but conclusion was normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Attached is eeg scan report
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Another

Yes to most of your questions. In addition to increased prolactin, you can have increases in ACTH and GH, or somatotropin, which will What about your menses (if you are woman)? It is highly unusual to get swelling though, as a result of trauma, unless you had a sphenoid wing fracture/orbital bones fractures, did you have that?

I wanted to say it is highly unlikely to have swelling in the pituitary in the absence of hemmorhage, because it is a highly vascular spot. the pituitary is surrounded by the cavernous sinuses, so if that is fractured in trauma, it is a life threatening condition. Dr frank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did have it in 2006 following minor RTA bit in more recent scans its been ok. If could the enlargement of the pitruitry have caused stalk deviation and is the deviation life threatening? Whats cavernous sinuses?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would symptoms be if was fractured? Could it trigger hypothermia and hightened senses?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sphenoid wing fracture/orbital bones fractures, where are they?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you make of the reports? Any ideas?

HI. Your EEG's are all essentially normal as per the report.

You need to see an endocrinologist for this sweating however. Are you having panic attacks? How can I help? Please get back to me with questions if you think I can help Dr Frank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not panic on medication for anxiety but generally feel too calm if anything. Would you be able to help with a referral to endocrinologist?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or can you recommend one can see privately

You are in the UK, and I am in the USA, in New York. We have some good ones here in the NYC area. But I have no idea in terms of England. Dr Frank

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok can you recommend any specific blood tests or scans i could have done to ascertain cause of problem

Yes. In the setting of pituitary dysfunction, you need a TSH, T3, T4, T3RU or T7, an FSH/LH, prolactin, ACTH. fasting cortisol and glucose, HgbA1c.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great thankyou you have been very helpful :)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The sweating is very bad at moment :( dripping off me i dont know what to do

I put out the phone call option, get back to me. I can call you on Skype, but for only a few minutes as charge unfortunately.

Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician