Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Viral infection, liver enzeme fluctuation, rash that is red

Customer Question
and white fuzzy, sneezing, smelling...
viral infection, liver enzeme fluctuation, rash that is red and white fuzzy, sneezing, smelling marine aquatic smell
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/22/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

bacterial infections require antibiotics.

where are you using the polysporin? on the rash? that doesn't make much sense.

most viral infections can cause rash and the rash usually goes away after the viral infection gets better.

sneezing and odd smells could be due to sinusitis inflammation of your sinuses which can occur after cold and flu upper respiratory infections.

sometimes you can get bacterial sinus infections which would need a course of antibiotics to help clear up.

how much did your liver enzymes fluctuate? it is normal for your liver enzymes to fluctuate somewhat.

let me know if you have questions.

Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I think you mean the doctor says you have a skin infection.

Polysporin is not a good choice.

Mupiricin is better.

Please attach a picture here
Find Dr. Thomas for correct and fast answers anytime.

This is Dr. David

what is even better is getting a skin culture and wound culture to know what bacteria is growing on the skin.

there can be rare skin infections like MRSA which can be resistant to penicillin and other antibiotics and this should be known prior to prescription antibiotics for the patient.

a skin culture can tell for sure what is growing on the skin.

you could still have a sinus infection which might require oral antibiotics.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician