Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a strange and very deep pain in my neck which came on

Customer Question

I have a strange and very deep pain in my neck which came on very suddenly yesterday evening.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Do you have any other medical problems?

On any medications for anything at the moment?

Do you have any other symptoms like weakness or numbness of any part of your body?

If you wish to have a detailed discussion with me over the phone accept the premium offer. If not, I can continue helping you out on text Q&A option.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no medications that I am currently taking. I was sitting at my desk yesterday, (I am a teacher) grading papers, and I started having the deep pain in my neck. The only other thing I have noticed is a temperature of about 99.8 to 100.4 (consistent) since about 4 PM yesterday and it feels weird when I swallow. I almost feel like the back of my throat is numb.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a sore throat or any other symptoms - when I turn my head to the left I have no pain but turning to the right causes a pressured feeling in my neck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not believe I have pulled any muscles or pinched any nerves because the pain was not brought on by movement or anything drastic.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Is it tender to touch?

How is your fever now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fever is the same and not tender by touch.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Can you please let me know which part of the neck is hurting?

Front? Back? Upper? Lower?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right below my jawline on the left side toward the center.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

With the fever that you are having and with this neck pain I think that you are most likely having a viral infection which should settle in a few days time i.e. up to a week or two at the most.

Meanwhile I would recommend that you should take motrin (ibuprofen) or aleve to help with your symptoms.

If your symptoms persist beyond one week you should have a blood tests and must be seen.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards