How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pressure is 175/89 pulse 67 do I need to call the doctor?

Customer Question

Pressure is 175/89 pulse 67 do I need to call the doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

At your age the blood pressure level that we aim for is 150/90 at least.

So your upper part of the blood pressure is slightly on the higher side, although is not something alarming particularly if you do not have any other symptoms like chest pain or numbness or weakness in any part of your body or anything else.

If you have these symptoms then you should go to the ER immediately.

I would, however, like that you should have your blood pressure monitored regularly i.e. every hour. Also, you should be in a relaxed state of mind when measuring your blood pressure.

If it continues to be on the higher side then I would recommend that you should book an appointment with your doctor.

If you start having the symptoms that I mentioned then you should call an ambulance to take you to the ER.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I

am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released

is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Rate me when you are done asking.