Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Going through depression n anxiety,can't

Customer Question
sleep.....frustration.....im 48 years old n...
Going through depression n anxiety,can't sleep.....frustration.....im 48 years old n parents aren't well .....it all happening at once....im on 100 mg sertrline.....05 mg larazapon.....n sleeping med trazidon .......im tried off the pills make stomach sick....can you help me.... Chris rae
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not at the moment.....it varys
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/18/2016
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having these problems.

Have these medicines helped relieve any of the depression and anxiety?

Have you previously been tried on any other medicines for the depression and anxiety?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Med have helped but still depressed....no other meds
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Meds have helped but still depressed going on two years.....no other meds.....i tried pot n it made me happy n not so frustrated....n even sleep better .......

Thank you for the additional information.

Nausea and other GI side effects are the most common side effects from the sertraline. If the sertraline has helped, but has not worked completely and is causing side effects, then the usual next step would be to try a different antidepressant in a different chemical class that hopefully will work better without causing the side effects. Of course, there is no medicine that will never cause side effects, but different medicines will typically be tolerated better by different people.

Although there are many options, the antidepressants that I would usually consider in this situation would be either Wellbutrin/bupropion or Remeron/mirtazapine. Both have a low incidence of nausea as a side effect. The Wellbutrin has been more used, but the mirtazapine is more sedating, so may help more with sleep.

I would note that there are limited studies on the use of medical marijuana for depression and anxiety, and while there are some studies that show that it can help some people, there are also some studies that indicate that it can also make some people worse. If you find that it helps you and you live in a state in which it is allowed, then you can also discuss this with your doctor.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok please help.....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I trust your team to help me a.d.d.also

What further information would be helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you need

I need to know what further information would be helpful.

You asked for help, but did not specify what further help you are seeking.

What further questions do you have?

Dr. D. Love, Doctor