Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have diagnosed pneumonia last week since I took daly

Customer Question
zyrithromycin and prednisone 10 mg for...
I have diagnosed pneumonia last week since I took daly zyrithromycin and prednisone
10 mg for 4'3'2'1 tablets for eight days now . Now I have better sleep but wake up with
Coughing . And also I am taking inhaler also.
Please advice me for Further action
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medical
3/16/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

is your cough a dry cough or are you coughing up phlegm?

the azithromycin should have killed any bacteria in your lungs if you had a pneumonia.

coughing can be from runny nose and post nasal drip from allergies.

do you have runny nose or post nasal drip symptoms from spring allergies?

if you do, you might need to use over the counter allergy medications like allegra, claritin and steroid nasal sprays like Nasocort or Rhinocort to help allergy symptoms which could help your cough.

if you are coughing up phelgm in the morning which is yellow or green, you need a sputum culture to check for continued infection which can occur if bacteria infection in your lung was resistant to azithromycin antibiotic.

you might need a repeat chest xray or chest CT scan if you continue to cough

some blood pressure medications like ACE inhibitors can cause cough as well

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician