How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29242
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a newly diagnosed diabetic who has become totally

Customer Question

Hello, I am a newly diagnosed diabetic who has become totally impotent over the last four or five months as a consequence. I have developed a problem with this. Having been unable to even masturbate over that period, my testicles are hard and uncomfortable and adversely affecting my health. I even have circulation problems and trouble going to the toilet. Could you please advise on my possible options before I book in to see my local doctor. Thankyou.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

At your age, testosterone deficiency is possible and may cause Erectile dysfunction.
Also poor blood circulation can also cause lack of erection.
PDE5 inhibitors like Viagra or Cialis can be tried as first line therapy.
Their dose should be maximized before considering them as failure.
The agents can be switched around like Viagra to Cialis to ensure efficacy.
They are usually safe to use and side effects can be headache, dizziness, rarely vision problem.
Local prostaglandin injections ( alprostadil)in the penis is also successful.
Another new medication combination known as Trimix injection helps many individuals.
Also a penile pump a vacuum assisted device to produce erection mechanically can be tried successfully.
These options can be used in combination and should be discussed with a Urologist.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: