How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46314
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had hysterctomy 12 years ago. I was never the same since.

Customer Question

I had hysterctomy 12 years ago. I was never the same since. My left hip became a big problem especially after chiropractic interference years ago. THen after osteopthic treatment my hip was out of the socket and not medically confirmed. I had it privately relocated many times in 3 years. There was a massage therapist who treated me with the bone out of the socket and something inside my pelvis moved backwards. I functioned with the help of an osteopath with the twisted hip for several months successfully but then fell in the bathroom. It has been awful since that fall. After too many alternative practitioners my pelvis is in an unnatural position with both hip joints moving backwards and with a twist in both hips/legs. Horrible. Being treated by a Chinese med dr but very concerned for my safety. Went to ER 3 times wit no help. Any recommendations? I need a
western doc on board. do not know where to turn any more. thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see an MD orthopedic doctor and get hip xrays and MRI scans.

the ligaments and tendons around your hip could be very loose and causing you to have easy dislocations.

I would stop seeing these alternative doctors who have not helped you in the past and seem to have been making the situation worse.

after seeing an orthopedic hip doctor, you might benefit from physcial therapy and rehabilitation medicine to help strengthen the muscles around your hip to prevent dislocation again.

do you have insurance to be able to see a conventional western orthopedic doctor and get some hip xrays and MRI scans to see what is going on in there.

you could have bursiits or bad tendonitis or bad arthritis in your hip as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Orthos were of no help, MRIs and Xrays - did not reflect the problem. I would not be seeking alternative specialists if med doctors were helpful. My hips are going backwards!! I just came back from the hospital and they did an MRI and sent me home without even seeing the result. Chinses doc is trying to help. He says it is my muscles and tendons, not hips.I am very scared and not getting medical help from western doctors. Have not walked for 8 months, transported to hospitals in an ambulance and come back with no help. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

your hip and leg muscles could be very very weak.

are you overweight?

are you able to try physical therapy and exercise therapy to help strengthen your hip muscles?

you might benefit from a steroid injection into your hip to help decrease inflammation and pain.

an orthopedic doctor can do that for you.

I would get copies of your MRI scan reports.

I would be happy to help you review them with you.