Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

For the last two months I've had headaches and end up

Customer Question

For the last two months I've had headaches and end up feeling nauseous frequently. My period is also two months late too. I've had no weight gain or anything. I know I'm not pregnant. The headaches are almost everyday and the nauseous feeling usually at night.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: All there really is I guess
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also feels like I've gotten "fatter" even though I haven't gained weight. Also a lot of the time after eating, I may end up getting diarrhea, twice a week I get diarrhea about an hour after waking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then after about 45 minutes the nausea and headaches slowly stop.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Can you tell me more about the headaches? are they squeezing or throbbing? light bother your eyes? sounds bother you? what do you take to get relief? What works? Do you have a history of migraine from before the 2 month period? Are you spotting at all? What about your thyroid function? have you ever checked it? Your symptoms suggest a possible problem with neuroendocrine function, as in a pituitary issue. Please get back to me with answers to those questions, we can discuss this further. How old are you? any other medical problems? what meds do you take? Dr Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They feel more like a throbbing and they either are in front or sides. Light and sound never bother me. Usually I take ibuprofen. Not migraines but even before this I had headaches. Sometimes chronic sometimes not. No, not even spotting. I'm not sure about my thyroid or pituitary. I'm 21. No other medical problems other than a couple years ago, I had an ovarian cyst but that had gone away. I don't take medication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

HI. throbbing headaches that are in the front and temples is consistent with the diagnosis of migraine. I will write more in a second

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

The history of the ovarian cyst, and the missed periods together suggest a possible diagnosis of PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I will attach a webpage about this. It is certainly only a possibility, many young women have ovarian cysts without PCOS, but headaches are also commonly seen in this condition. The treatment for headaches in PCOS is to try cyclic therapy with birth control (low estrogen), and to use a migraine medication, frovatriptan, that is a long lasting triptan. you take it a few days before the onset of a burst of headaches, if you have them coming in groups around the time of your missed period. I will attach the webpage on PCOS, please get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or rate this service if satisfied by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks Dr frank

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pcos/basics/definition/CON-20028841

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing that seems to fit is the lack of periods. Ive been trying to conceive for two years now and not even a sign. I know there's something wrong with me because Evey other woman I know that's my age has conceived no problem
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Have you seen a reproductive endocrinologist? They will check your pituitary hormones. FSH LH and your estrogen levels. Estradiol, Estriol and Estrone that have to be in the correct balance. You could have a pituitary issue. Dr Frank