khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Am 18 year old female. I'm having trouble breathing. When I

Customer Question

Hi am 18 year old female. I'm having trouble breathing. When I take a deep breathe my entire chest hurts and I get a shooting pain in my left side of neck that goes up to my head. Breathing through my nose makes it feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen. My throat feels very tight and hard to swallow. I feel as if I'm going to pass out. Should I go to the ER?
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have brought this on? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 5'6". Weight 260 pounds. I have not been eating for 2 days because I am not hungry. I have barely been drinking either. I have been having lots of problems recently. My bottom down through my thigh has a shooting pain. I have not been sleeping either. I have blurred/impaired vision, back pain, headache, pains in my stomach, feel like I am going to pass out, tingling in feet, I feel achy all over my body, especially my upper body, it feels like I'm sore, I've had the chills, there's swelling at my joints, a small high pitched noise comes when I breathe out, fatigue. My temperature has been shifting from high to low. Today I have eaten more and have been drinking more, but that doesn't seem to be helping. It is getting wors . I do not have any medical problems and have not had any surgeries.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Is your stress increased at home, school, or work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At home. I also have anxiety and tend to stress over the things that I think are wrong with my body.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You have many symptoms. It is not east to diagnose them online. You could have narrowing in the wind pipe, pneumothorax, nerve compression in the surface of the thigh, sleep apnea which could cause headaches, gastritis, and so forth. You should see your primary care doctor to have exam, tests, and imaging studies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you very muc . I am unable to see my PCP for quite a while, would an urgent care facility be alright?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It should be alright.

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Take care.