Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have an appointment in a couple weeks with an

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have an appointment in a couple weeks with an endocrinologist for a variety of weird symptoms that correspond with a thyroid related problem. I noticed a hard bump about the size of a dime on the right side of my trachea, it appears to be directly behind my thyroid cartilage and feels as if is attached to my trachea. No pain associated with pressing it and only noticeable when feeling along my windpipe (not a visible bump). Does this sound like a thryoid nodule or something different? (23 yrs old / Male / athlete / otherwise perfect health)
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Other ongoing symptoms are:
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you could be feeling a thyroid nodule or you could be feeling a bone spur or a fixed lymph node.

an ultrasound of the thyroid gland can tell for sure if this is a thyroid nodule or not

most thyroid nodules are benign

what are your weird symptoms?

have you had your TSH and T3 and t4 levels checked?