How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45942
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 2 year old grand son is not growing at a normal rate, s

Customer Question

My 2 year old grand son is not growing at a normal rate, his family is overwhelmed with concern. We have ask his pediatrician for a referral to an endocrinologist and she refuses to give us one. How can I see an endocrinologist to calm my nerves? I would deeply appreciate any help you can give me in this matter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

does his family insurance require a referral to see an endocrinologist.

some health care insurance do not need a referral to see a specialist.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we do not need a referral to see a specialist. Payment is not the issue. I have contacted several endocrinologist and was unable to get an appointment without a doctor referral. Would you please provide me with a specialist name in the Nashville area. Also do you have any thoughts on why his Pediatrician is not willing to provide us with a referral.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Pediatric Endocrinology Vanderbilt Fetal Center 2200 Children's Way # ***** ·(###) ###-####/p>

P. Revi Mathew, MD Specialties: Endocrinology , Pediatric Endocrinology Location: TriStar Children's Specialists*****North, Suite 450 Nashville, TN 37203

chances are, endocrinology testing for the child at 2 years old will show normal levels.

but I can't examine the baby.

if the family has concerns, they should seek out an endocrinologist and get testing to know for sure.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I contacted both physicians and both require referrals. Can you provide me with some helpful information on this matter?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what additional questions did you have?