Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Got flu-like symptoms a few days ago -Took an expectorant…

Customer Question
Got flu-like symptoms a few...
Got flu-like symptoms a few days ago
-Took an expectorant
-Throat got irritated and dry, started coughing a little blood with the mucus
-Irritation got much worse and now my throat is on fire and swallowing is very painful
-Need help, please. Can't function like this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

you need to see a doctor and get a throat culture. you could have strep throat which might need a course of antibiotics.

if you have influenza viral infection, there is tamiflu antiviral prescription treatment which could shorten the length of time you have the flu.

are you willing to see a doctor and get some tests to check for flu and check for strep throat?

Family Physician, Doctor