Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was just told I have diffuse emphysematous changes, along…

Customer Question
I was just told...

I was just told I have diffuse emphysematous changes, along with a 5mm nodule in the right upper lobe and a 7mm nodule in the right lower lobe with bibasilar atelectasis. I also have hypodense thyroid lessions bilaterally they measure 15mm! Please help me to understand what are the chances of this being cancer? I'm 69 and a very heavy smoker.

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?

I have been coughing up blood

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2016
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

You need a high resolution CT scan...if this was, then there is risk of cancer her.

It depends also on what the nodules look like.

They are small, good.

Please put in the report impression here